Gelato Festival World Masters: announcing Belgium’s three best gelato artisans that will represent the country at the european finals in 2025
Gelato Festival World Masters, the main category tournament with partners Carpigiani and Sigep – Italian Exhibition Group, is on its new journey around the world for the period of time 2022-2025 searching for the world’s best gelato. The first Belgium stop was in Zandhoven where 27 Belgian gelato artisans took part in the sweetest competition of the year hosted at the Carpigiani Benelux Headquarters in Zandhoven.
The winning gelato artisans and the best gelato artisans in Belgium for 2023 are Djordy van Kemseke. first place, with the flavor “Hibiscus & Kaneel”, an elagant Hibiscus gelato flavored with cinnamon and variegated with cranberry; Tom van den Berge, second place, with the flavor “Pijnboompitten-Basilicum-Pecorino”, a fresh gelato that combines three ingredients: pine nut, basil and pecorino cheese, and Ilyas Aarab, third place, with the flavor “Sweet Almond Cheese with Dates”, a sumptuous gelato made with goat cheese, roasted almonds and dates.
The selected gelato artisans will go on to the European Finals of Gelato Festival World Masters scheduled for 2025. Flavor, structure, creativity and presentation are the four parameters used for the evaluation, highlighting the choice of ingredients, the craftsmanship in elaborating the recipe and the visual impact of the gelato.
Recent Blog Posts
- Ci Gusta opens a new store into the “Il Mercato Eat&Meet” in Reggio Emilia
- Maurizio Manzi, gelato ambassador of AIG, was present at the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix with his artisanal gelato.
- The Life Icegreen project: let's give a green turn to the ice cream sector
- Official statement about the GELATO EUROPE CUP issued by the IEG
- Gelato Festival World Masters: announcing Belgium’s three best gelato artisans that will represent the country at the european finals in 2025
- Acomag keeps Vittorio Bartyan’s memory alive
- Japan wins the 2023 Pastry World Cup - France and Italy respectively 2nd and 3rd place.
- Pistachio Namelaka
- Hemp, ancient history