Gelato Festival World Masters – here are the two best gelato makers from the uk going to the world finals
The World Finals of the Gelato Festival World Masters is approaching, the international competition that since 2017 has been traveling the world in search of the best gelato flavours. The final dedicated to the United Kingdom took place on July 6th in Italy and was attended by the 6 best gelato shops that were evaluated live on the web by a technical jury composed of: Antonio Mezzalira, gelato master and owner of the gelato shop “Golosi di Natura” in Gazzo Padovano; Cinzia Otri, gelato master and owner of the gelato shop “Gelateria della Passera” in Florence; Enzo Coppetti, member of the organizing committee of the Gelato World Cup.
The gelato artisans who have won the competition and who will represent the UK in the World Finals scheduled for December 2021 in Italy are:
- Taseer Ahmad of Fabulous Ice Fires in London, with the flavour “Wild Cherry”;
- Fabiano Franzoso of Cremoloso Gelato in London, with the flavour “Salted Amaretto”.
The event is organized in collaboration with Carpigiani Gelato University, the international gelato school with 20 campuses in 19 countries worldwide, and Sigep, the most important professional trade show in the world dedicated to artisanal gelato, organized by the Italian Exhibition Group.
With regard to Italy, the second semi-final with 76 gelato artisans will take place in September 2021. The Italian Finals with sixteen participants is scheduled for October 2021. The World Finals will be held in December 2021. Media partners of the European Finals: Punto IT, Food Professional Network, Gelato Artigianale, Tutto Gelato, Arte Heladero, Przegląd Piekarski i Cukierniczy, Uniteis News.
The Gelato Festival debuted in Florence in 2010, inspired by the creation of the first gelato recipe by the versatile architect Bernardo Buontalenti in 1559. Since then, the event has expanded its borders, first to the rest of Italy, then to Europe and – starting in 2017 – the United States, with a total of 64 Festivals held, before embracing the entire planet with the world championship of Gelato Festival World Masters 2021.
Recent Blog Posts
- Südback: Finally back on stage
- Unesco heritage application: "Masters of Artisan Gelato of Italian Tradition"
- Expo Sweet 2022 the sweetest fair in Poland
- Fructital, for 100 years together
- Isabella Potì, a sweet star
- Gelato Festival World Masters - here are the two best gelato makers from the uk going to the world finals
- Gelato Festival World Masters nearing the world finals.
- Saturn Cake
- An international taste